Located At 301 N Taylor, Hughes Springs, TX 75656
The First United Methodist Church of Hughes Springs, Texas was organized in the summer of 1873 and first met in a brush arbor adjacent to natural springs in an area six miles from the nearest town. In 1878 a town plot was laid off and officially named Hughes Springs in honor of the land owners, the Hughes family. One year later, the Hughes family transferred land to the Methodist Trustees on which the First Methodist Church was erected. The First United Methodist Church has been a faithful witness in Hughes Springs and East Texas for nearly 150 years.
Today, the church continues to be a vital part of the community. The church provides regular opportunities for Christian worship, spiritual growth, fellowship, and service. We welcome all people and strive to be, not just a friendly church, but a church where you can make friends and are truly welcomed into the fullness of fellowship as well as participation in the ministries of the church.